Today's smart security options are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, it doesn't take much to forget to perform easy security chores like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things in the future? With geofencing in Fort Wayne, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Fort Wayne For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter around your property, which you can customize within your smart security app. The technology then utilizes your phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by putting all elements onto a single network. You are then able to institute a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and designate particular actions as you move beyond the boundary.
For instance, when you exit your premises, you could program your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can inform your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are some of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home security system in Fort Wayne. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to reap the benefits of automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: program your smart devices to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to lower to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make certain components engage when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to turn on the fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that operate in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks activate when the day is done. Or program the system for a movie marathon with the right light and thermostat adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm as you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Fort Wayne
Whether you desire extra reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (260) 203-1992 or complete the form on this page to begin customizing your perfect security system.