Home security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a sign that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive equipped with an array of additions all designed to deliver all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these features enable you to have the most from home security cameras in Fort Wayne.
How To Set Up Your Fort Wayne Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is placing your devices in the proper places around your house. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common areas such as the living room or family room. It’s also a good notion to set a camera near main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to enter through to access the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear scene of your porch, drive, front and yards, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your main entryway via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that aren’t quite as important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room may reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Video Surveillance
Camera layout is only the first step in getting the most out of home security cameras in Fort Wayne. The features described below help to maximize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your smart device anytime unusual motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin capturing footage when motions are discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to record and save clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way talk: Most of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone through the camera. Via your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re home or greet your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more exhaustive look at an area. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your video surveillance are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up clips of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send timely alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Fort Wayne is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system rises from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (260) 203-1992 or fill out the form below to begin personalizing your home security and camera system today.